Still No Luck On The Road

AmaTuks had a bad day at the office after going down 4-0 to Chippa United at the Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium on Tuesday night.

The first chance of the match came the way of Chippa when a ball was played down the center of defence, forcing Arubi to come out of the penalty box to make the clearance. Then in the 35th minute Mayambela dribbled past Sibande on the left and took a shot from a tight angle inside the penalty box. The ball sharply curled into Arubi’s near post for the game’s opening goal.

The goal seemed to spur on the visitors as they had the home side pinned in their own half but could not break through the defence. Chippa took the one goal lead into the half time break.

In the 52nd minute some interchanging passes between Mnqele, Mayambela and Manzine saw them work their way through the AmaTuks defence but Mnqele sliced the ball final shot with the outside of his boot and the ball swerved wide of Arubi’s left upright.

AmaTuks had the better of the possession in the early stages of the second half but could not break the Chippa defence and resorted to taking long range shots from outside the penalty box. With the team unable to break the Chippa defence AmaTuks made a double substitution and brought on two strikers with Bacela replacing Kebede and Mnyamane replacing Ntombayithethi.

Things went from bad to worse as Mngqibisa received his second booking for elbowing Manzine on the back of his head and AmaTuks had to play 20 minutes with ten men. This forced the coaches to drop Katjijere to center back, which allowed Chippa even more attacking options.

The home side did not allow the visitors to regroup and continued to pile on the pressure and were rewarded with their fourth goal with 5 minutes left on the clock. That was how teh match ended and Chippa United picked up their first win against AmaTuks in top flight football. 

To lose 4-0 is not pleasant but we cannot place blame on any one individual. We have been fighting about our lack of consistency for a while, not only when we lose a match. The players had an intense match against Polokwane City and we did give it some thought about whether to freshen up the team but we thought that after a 3-0 win the boys would be ready to deliver. We had a terrible first half, we were second to the ball and gave the ball away cheaply. I felt that we had control of the game in the first twenty minutes of the second half, but again we lost focus and lost shape and Chippa punished us. At the end of it all we had a bad night and we all have to take a share of the responsibility for it; so we will sort it out when we get home. We have learned a few things out of it, sometimes you do need a kick in the rear end to shock you to reality,” said coach Sammy.

AmaTuks’ next assignment is at home against Bidvest Wits on Sunday 13 September 2015. Kick off is at 15h00.

AmaTuks XI: Arubi, Mwedihanga, Jaure, Mngqibisa, Sibande, Katjijere, Zwane, Nkoana, Ntombayithethi (Mnyamane 58’), Nyondo, Kebede (Bacela 58’). 

Chippa Utd XI: Masiko, Okwuosa, Thopola, Zuke (Macheke 56’), Chipeta, Sali, Maleasenya, Mthiyane, Mayambela, Manzini (Manzine 41’), Mnqele (Twala 63’).