Denver Mukamba scored his second goal in as many matches as AmaTuks came from behind to salvage a point agaisnt a rampant Free State Stars at the Goble Park Stadium on Saturday afternoon. 

The home side created the earlier chance with only two minutes on the clock when Sekola found himself one-on-one with the keeper but Arubi made himself big and Sekola could only direct his shot straight at him.

Five minutes later AmaTuks won a free kick and Massa’s shot was straight at the Keeper. Verbauwhade was again called into action with a 12th minute acrobatic save to deny Nyondo.

In the 13th minute Nyondo saw the keeper off his line and  took a long range shot from the left but the keeper was able to recover in time to make the one handed save.

Miscommunication between Massa and Mukamba allowed Stars to steal the ball and launch a quick counter attack but Shoyisa was able to toe poke the ball from at the last second to concede a corner.

Nyondo’s corner in the 27th minute found Ntombayithethi on the near post. His low header forced a save out of the keeper who could not hold on to the ball but Monyai’s desperate lunge was not enough to help the ball over the goal line, allowing stars to clear their lines.

Stars were the first to find the back of the net after another counter attack through Danny Venter in the 33rd minute. Abraw laid the ball for Venter just outside the penalty box and the on-rushing Venter directed his shot to the right of Arubi and found the top of the far post.  

After an array of missed chances Mukamba took matters into his own hands, taking on the Stars defence and finally sneaking the ball past Verbawhade on the stroke of half time and the two sides went into the halftime break level at 1-1.

Both teams started the second half exactly where they left off and at very high pace. Stars restarted the second half and AmaTuks quickly won the ball to launch a counter attack but Mukamba’s final shot went wide of the upright.

In the 51st minute Venter again found himself with space inside the AmaTuks box; he took a shot which deflected off Ngubane sending Arubi in the opposite direction to the right upright while the ball trickled past the left upright.  

The visitors were dealt a blow in the 62nd minute when Ngubane received a second yellow card, leaving AmaTuks to play just over 30 minutes with only ten men on the park. That did not deter AmaTuks however, as they continued with their attacking play. AmaTuks were denied by the woodwork twice in the space of a minute when in the 71st minute lone striker Massa weaved his way past the Stars defence only to watch his shot hit the upright. Stars cleared the ball which found Jaure who also surged forward but also had to watch his shot hit the crossbar.

The home team enjoyed the majority of the ball possession and put AmaTuks underpressure but the visitors were able to hold on and secure a point away from home. The point sees AmaTuks drop down to 9th on the log standings, while Free State Stars remain 13th.

FSS XI: Verbauwhade, Mashego, Cardoso, Sankara, Masehe, Rakoti, Hanyekane (Somaeb 54’), Sekola (Thethani 65’), Kerspuy, Abraw, Venter (Mzizi 79’)

AmaTuks XI: Arubi, Monyai, Shoyisa, Jaure, Katjijere, Ntombayithethi, Mosadi (Matsi 69’), Ngubane, Mukamba (Zwane 90+2’), Nyondo, Massa.